Read Write Inc. Phonics Handbook 2 by Read Write Inc
Revised in July 2020
Designed for teachers of children aged 4 to 6 who are learning to read and write (and struggling readers up to age 9)
This Handbook 2 contains detailed teaching notes for teaching Speed Sounds Sets 2 and 3, and for reading and writing lessons for the Yellow to Grey Storybooks, Non-fiction books and Get Writing! books. Guidance on assessment and timetabling is also included for easy implementation.
- Day-by-day lesson plans that integrate Speed Sounds lessons, comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, handwriting and composition lessons
- Thought-provoking story introductions to get every child excited and motivated to read the story
- "Think Out Louds" to help children see the thought processes involved when an accomplished reader works out how to comprehend a text
- Role-play and drama activities to increase childrens comprehension and build ideas for writing
- "Build a Sentence" activities that lead into a six-step writing process to develop children's writing skills from simple sentences to extended writing tasks.