Rescue Series (Set of 10 books) by Phonic Books Ltd
Ideal for older readers who have gaps in their phonic knowledge (interest age 8-14). The Rescue Series follows on from the Totem Series, and introduces more alternative spellings for the vowel sounds: 'ae', 'ee', 'oe', 'er', 'ow/oi', 'oo', 'ie', 'or', 'air' and 'ar' (following Phase 5 of the ?Letters and Sounds? programme).
It is a hot sunny day. Erin is babysitting her baby brother. Her friend, Danny, skates over to see her. Neither of them knows this is the start of an epic adventure! Original, striking and motivating illustrations and stories will appeal to struggling or reluctant readers. With a reading practice page, vocabulary page and multisyllable words split for the reader; these highly decodable books ensure reading success.
- Book 1 - A Great Holiday 'ae' (includes the spellings ai, ay, a, a-e, ea, ey)
- Book 2 - The Search Begins 'ee' (includes ee, ea, e, y, e-e, ie, ei)
- Book 3 - Rainbow Fish 'oe' (includes ow, oa, o, oe, o-e)
- Book 4 - On with the Search 'er' (includes er, ir, ur, or, ear)
- Book 5 - A Long Way Down 'ow' (includes ow and ou) and 'oi' (includes oy and oi)
- Book 6 - A Gruesome Monster 'oo' (includes oo, ue, u-e, ew, ou, u)
- Book 7 - Time is Running Out 'ie' (includes igh, ie, i-e, i, y)
- Book 8 - An Awful Planet 'or' (includes or, ore, a, aw, awa, au, al, ough)
- Book 9 - No Time to Spare 'air' (includes air, are, ear, ere, eir)
- Book 10 - Dark Times 'ar' (includes ar, a, al, au)