Songbirds Phonics Level 3 Class Pack (36 books, 6 of each title)
A school pack of 6 x 6 different titles.
Level 3 includes words with consonant clusters making more than one sound eg. 'str' as in strap, and revision of stages 1+ and 2. Also matches a long vowel sound to one common letter pattern 'ee' as in three, 'ie' as in tie and 'oo' as in good:
THE BIG MATCH - Can Rick Duck win the big match or will Max Fox fix him?
- New phonics: tch, plus revision of ng, ck, x, qu and all short vowels and consonants from Stages One and Two
THE SHOPPING LIST - A mix-up in a department store
- New phonics: words with consonant clusters at the end, e.g bank, held, list, lift, belt, golf, lamp, milk
GRAN IS CROSS - The twins bring a frog to visit Gran
- New phonics: words with two consonants at the beginning e.g. twins, Gran, bring, pram, frog, steps, black, spills, drink, cloth, cross, glad, smash, stop, plus revision of consonant clusters at the end of words
THE TRUNK AND THE SKUNK - A mammoth sniffs something bad.
- Phonics: more practice of words with consonant clusters at the beginning and/or end, e.g. trunk, skunk
THE SCRAP ROCKET - Will Ron Rabbit's scrap rocket lift off?
- New phonics: triple consonants at beginning of words, e.g. scrap, string, spring, splash, plus revision of shorter consonant clusters
SPLASH AND SQUELCH - Let's splash in the pond, squelch in the mud and spring like squirrels!
- Phonics: revision of words with consonant clusters at the beginning and/or end.