Songbirds Phonics Level 6 Class Pack (36 books, 6 of each title)
A school pack of 6 x 6 different titles.
Stages 5 and 6 teach the different spelling patterns for the long vowel sounds 'oo' as in moon, 'ow' as in down, 'oi' as in coin and soft 'c' as in dice, 'air' as in hair, and soft 'g' as in giant:
TARA'S PARTY - Tara has a party but Martha won't pass the parcel
- New phonics: ar (as in far)
PAULA THE VET - A rhyming story about a vet who is getting bored with seeing dogs and cats all morning
- New phonics: au (as in August), with additional letter patterns or (as in thorn), aw (as in paw), ore (as in sore), oor (as in door) aur (as in dinosaur), a (as in all)
WHERE WERE YOU BERT? - 'You're late, Bert! Where were you?? Bert always has the perfect excuse
- New phonics: ur (as in fur) with additional letter patterns er, ir, ur and ear
CLARE AND THE FAIR - Two poems. Come to the fair, and meet Clare and her bear
- New phonics: air (as in hair) with additional letter patterns are, ear
THE DEER AND THE EARWIG - I hear with my little ear . . . A poem and a story
- New phonics: ear (as in near), with additional letter patterns eer, ere
JACK AND THE GIANTS - A play about a family of giant tourists
- New phonics: ure (as in pure and also as in picture); soft g/dge (as in giant/bridge); ea (as in tread).