Voice Sounds by Smart Kids
Show children how they can make sounds with their voices with these beautiful, photographic flash cards.
Ideal for whole class work, you can hold up the cards and demonstrate to children how to make each sound. The children can then join in, observing in others (or themselves with the help of a mirror) the different movements their mouths and tongues make in order to emit different sounds. The activity can then be extended by joining speech sounds into pairs (e.g. ee-aw like a donkey).
Contains 10 Flash Cards:
- Make your voice go down a slide - wheee!
- Make your voice bounce like a ball - boing, boing
- Sound really disappointed - oh
- Hiss like a snake - sssss
- Keep everyone quiet - shshshsh
- Gently moo like a cow - mmmoooo
- Look astonished - oooooo!
- Be a steam train - chchchchch
- Buzz like a bumble bee - zzzzzzz
- Be a clock - tick tock